Knitted shawl

Yellow Knitted shawl

When I find a stitch I like, I am getting so crazy about making it so I start thinking about projects I could use that stitch. I have a long list on paper or computer with stitches and projects. All I need is time.

I saw this pattern lots of time and I knew is easy to make. I didn’t read any pattern, I just imagine how I would do it. I don’t know if it is the proper one, but I really like the way it looked in the end.  



This shawl is an easy one to make even for knitting beginner. You can make also a blanket or a baby blanket.

Size: 100cm X 50cm

Yarn: I used 5 skeins of yarn. I got it from my mother in law when my baby boy was born to make something for him. She gave me lots of yarn to knit. I just found this and I thought I can use it for a baby blanket or a shawl.

This pattern is good for any yarn and any knitted needles, and of course any color. You can actually make it with different colors and different sizes for the margin or the squares.

Cast 200 stitches.

The first 10 rows will be the margin.

Row 1 will be knit,purl,knit,purl till the end of the row. 
Row 2 will be knit,purl,knit,purl till the end of the row.
You will repeat that till you get to row 11.
Row 11 will be knit,purl,knit,purl,knit and then 10 knit, 10 purl, 10 knit, 10 purl and so on till you get almost to the end of the row which will be 10 knit, purl,knit,purl,knit,purl.
Row 12 starts with knit,purl,knit,purl,knit and then 190 knit and finish with purl, knit,purl,knit,purl.
Then we repeat 8 times Row 11 and Row 12.
Row 27 will start with knit,purl,knit,purl,knit and then 10 purl, 10 knit and so on till you get to almost the end of the row which will be 10 purl, purl,knit,purl,knit,purl.
Row 28 is exactly like Row 12.
We repeat 8 times Row 27 and Row 28 and then repeat 8 times Row 11 and Row 12.
This is our pattern which will go on till the end of he shawl. 
Last 10 rows will be the margin and will be like the first 10 rows.

I plan to do a big blanket and a baby blanket with this pattern. I know there is another way to do this pattern but this is my way. I think will go well for a beanie and a scarf.

For the ones that start knitting, this pattern is also a way to practice and get better. I know that for sure. It is the only way to learn how to knit. Now, I can do this pattern watching a movie or TV.


You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!



I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.

Comments

Popular Posts