Mohawk or Roman helmet hat

Mohawk or Roman helmet hat

I am a fan of beautiful and colored hats. Crazy models, wild colors and interesting patterns just make me feel happy and ready to play outside in the snow. I love making crazy models for my little boy, too.
This is an adaptation of a crochet hat.  When I knitted this hat I knew nothing about crochet. Now I know 2 or 3 things, but I am trying to learn. I think crochet and knitting can bring you calm and happiness in your life and make you more confident.
I feel so happy and proud when my husband tells everybody about his Christmas present. I made him a handmade unique scarf inspired by his games. He loved it more that I could imagine.
I knew he is gone like it, but his reaction was more than I expected. So it was all worth it. He had a big surprise.
This hat is very easy to knit. No difficult patterns, no new and strange stitches. I don’t remember the needles I used, but you need to use the needles that go great with your yarn. Any yarn is good.
L = 46 cm


110 stitches.
Cast 110 stitches.
Knit the first 22 rows.
From row 23 we start decreasing the hat.
On the row 23 knit 2 stitches together and then knit all the row till you get to the last 3 stitches. Knit 2 stitches together and knit the last stitch.
The next rows 24 to 28 will be the same as row 23. You will get less stitches to knit as long as you go with your hat.
Knit the row 29 and then close.

With a needle sew together the ends.
To make the ear flaps measure the hat. Each ear flap is 6 cm long and is situated 10 cm from the front and 7 from the back.
Knit 12 stitches for the flap. You can work on the stitches of the hat. Knit 8 rows or more if you want a longer flap.
For the final touch I used the crochet and I did a stitch around the hat and the flaps. This is everything I knew at that time about crocheting. To keep the hat on the hat I made 2 simple cords and I attached on the ear flaps. For the cords and the crocheting around the hat I used the same yarn I used for the Mohawk.
I choose a stronger one so it stays up most of the time.
This is the site that inspire me: Baby child crochet fauxhawk Mohawk
I adapted this crochet pattern to a knitting pattern.
For the Mohawk I made a knitted strip 22cm long and knitted 3 rows.
I cut the yarn 16 cm long and using the crochet I made the fringe. I add the fringe all over the strip. I was very careful not to leave empty spaces.
Sew it on the hat and trim the fringe so it looks good on the hat.
I hope you like it. Keep knitting or crocheting!

You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.

Comments

Popular Posts